Company formation

Work permit in Malta

EU and Swiss citizens do not require a work permit in order to work in the country. Third country citizens must obtain a work permit issued by the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs, the same institution responsible for issuing the e-Residence cards. 


Types of taxes in Malta

Malta does not apply a separate system of corporate tax, making a company chargeable to income tax in Malta in much the same way as an individual, at the flat rate of 35%. However, Malta does apply a full imputation system to relieve the economic double taxation arising on the taxation of dividends received by shareholders from distributions made from tax-retained earnings of Maltese companies.